Hurricane conditions are possible within 36 hours within the area
Hurricane conditions are expected in area within next 24 hours
74 mph or more
When to Execute:
Upon announcement by the National Weather Service of a hurricane watch – 36 to 48hrs
Note: one person to prep windscreens and miscellaneous (1 hr); 3 people/3 ladders (1 hr); courts can be secured early and stay playable later.
Equipment: 3 ladders, scissors, 2 packages of large zip ties, 2 packages of small ties for cleanup.
- Remove chairs, tables, trash can and store in clubhouse card room
- Cut down canvas awning cover; store in kitchen receiving area
- Cut zip ties on the bottom and both sides of all screens
- Roll up fence screening and tie-off with zip ties at the top of fence
- Drop tennis nets
- All outside signs and ash can placed in card room
- Padlock the hasp on the metal gates leading to the kitchen receiving area/service court
- Double check that all outside gates are locked with cables
- Turn off all interior lights’; building power “off” except the A/C will be on and set to 79°.
- Water turned off at the street.
- Entry gate will be left in operating condition; member key cards, however, will be turned off via software. In the event of a power failure, the entry gates will automatically open.
ORDER OF MOVEMENT OVERVIEW:
- Card table sitting chairs into the men’s locker room
- Card tables in the multipurpose room moved to the office
- Remaining multipurpose room furniture moved against the TV wall
- Chairs from the veranda moved inside to the front hall
- Veranda couches moved inside to the back hall
- Remainder of veranda chairs moved inside into the lobby
- All veranda tables moved into the multipurpose room
- Pool deck umbrellas (4) into the bathhouse men’s room
- Pool deck granite tables (2) moved inside the multipurpose room
- All pool deck furniture moved into the lobby and multipurpose room
- Pool cocktail tables (3) moved into the bathhouse ladies room
- Pool umbrellas tables (4) moved to: bathhouse foyer/fitness center