A. General Rules
- No pets shall be allowed at any time in the Clubhouse Area with the exception of certified service pets. Any domestic animals or wildlife posing a threat or nuisance should be reported to the Clubhouse staff.
- No live bands, DJs or stereos are permitted without approval of the Club Director.
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED within the Clubhouse, tennis court, veranda and pool deck areas. The Clubhouse Area will be maintained as a smoke-free environment.
- Use of obscene language/gestures, disobedience of rules and regulations and harassment of other members or the Clubhouse staff can result in temporary or permanent expulsion from the Clubhouse Area.
- Users of the facilities are responsible for any damage caused by themselves or their guests.
- Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult member (age 18 and older) when using any Clubhouse facilities. Children under age 16 may not have or use the key card to the Clubhouse facility or pool area.
- No deliveries will be accepted for Clubhouse members by clubhouse staff except by advance arrangement with the concierge or Club Director.
- No fireworks are permitted without the Club Director’s approval. Exceptions are professionals engaged by the CCOA. Company contracts with professionals should specify that fireworks are not permitted after 10:00 p.m.
- Clubhouse maintained dumpsters will not be used for personal trash disposal or construction debris.
- Soliciting – No manual distribution of non-community related commercial advertisements or documents soliciting money is allowed on property.
- Firearms, knives and any other weapons are strictly prohibited on Clubhouse grounds.
B. Specific Rules
There are specific rules and regulations governing each area within the Clubhouse Area in addition to those promulgated above for general use. Infractions of these rules and regulations may result in temporary or permanent expulsion from the Clubhouse Area.
- Pool/Pool Area
a. Hours of Operation: same as Clubhouse hours.
b. Admission – same as admission to the Clubhouse. Please note that there is an access gate directly onto the pool deck. Members must check-in at the Front Desk when visiting the pool. Please do not prop open the gates or permit access for guests or non-members via the pool gates.
c. Use of the outdoor grill and fireplace is restricted to adults and must be coordinated in advance with the Club Director. These units are dangerous and improper or careless use can cause injuries. Individual member use will be limited to two (2) hours.
d. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. Additional rules posted poolside.
e. All persons are required to shower prior to entering the pools.
f. NO food or drinks are allowed within five (5) feet of the pools.
g. NO chewing gum is allowed anywhere within the pools and pool area.
h. NO GLASSWARE is allowed within the pools and pool area.
i. Children under the age of sixteen (16) years old must be accompanied by a CCOA member, a person of the member’s immediate family or designated babysitter. In any case, the person accompanying the child under the age of sixteen (16) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. A babysitter must have valid membership within CCOA, or the CCOA member must provide written authorization with the sitter’s name, address, phone number and age to the Clubhouse staff.
j. Proper swim attire is required to enter the pools. Cut-off jeans and other non-swim attire will not be allowed.
k. Rubber rafts, inflatable toys, kickboards, balls and frisbees will not normally be allowed in the pool. Face masks (non-glass), goggles (non-glass), small soft toys and water wings may be permitted at the discretion of the Clubhouse staff based on the occupancy level of the pool and construction of the specific item in question.
l. Use of life jackets or vests will be allowed for physically challenged individuals as needed.
m. Roughhousing, running, wrestling, dunking, excessive splashing, pushing, spitting and sitting on the shoulders of others are not allowed in the pool/pool Area.
n. Spa – Children under the age of sixteen (16) are not permitted in the spa pool.
o. Use of approved swim diapers are required at all times for infants and toddlers.
- Fitness Center
a. All exercise equipment is for use by adults and children over the age of sixteen.
b. NO GUEST USE OF THE FITNESS CENTER. Members only, age 16 and older.
c. Ages 14 and 15 may use the Fitness Center with adult resident supervision. Adult, at least 18 years of age, must be present at all times in the fitness center. The Club data base will require a picture and birth date verification.
d. More specific rules may be posted in the Fitness Center.
- Tennis Courts
a. Hours of Operation – same as Clubhouse hours, which are subject to change.
b. Court time reservations are required on a first-come, first-served basis for all CCOA members. Please limit court time to 90 minutes.
c. Children 11-15 may use the tennis courts unsupervised with a reservation made by a parent or guardian only. Children will be permitted to bring one guest to the courts of the same age or older. No member card will be issued. Children will need to call from the entry gate and check in at the Welcome Desk after a reservation has been made. Children will not be admitted without an advance reservation. The Club data base will require a picture and birth date verification. Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by an adult.
d. Courts are for CCOA members only. Guests must be accompanied by a member. Proper tennis attire required.
e. Only tennis players are allowed on the court at any time. No bicycles, skates or skateboards are permitted. The courts are not currently set-up for other uses.
f. Court lights are only available during operating hours.
- CCOA Web Site
a. CCOA web site newsletter is provided by CCOA for use by the community.
b. The CCOA web site, www.championsclubfla.com, is for community use.
c. Passwords/access to the web site is limited to members and authorized personnel of CCOA.
C. Alcohol Policy
Individual resident members may bring alcoholic beverages onto Clubhouse property for personal consumption. Within the limits described, members may share beverages with their guests provided the group is less than 10 individuals, including children (any combination of resident members and non-member guests). Examples of quantities for personal consumption for two adults might be: one bottle of wine; a bottle of hard alcohol plus mixers; a six pack of beer.
For resident member-only functions of 10 or more, individual members may bring alcohol in limited quantities for shared consumption (using the quantity examples above). All attendees at the function must be Champions’ Club resident members.
For resident member functions (10 or more) that include any guests, all alcohol must be purchased from and served by a caterer with a liquor license, general liability insurance, liquor liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. These are functions with 10 or more total attendees where a Member Function Agreement is required or where the Clubhouse acts as the sponsor.
Our longstanding Clubhouse definition of a party, requiring a Member Function Agreement, is 10 or more people. A “guest” is defined as a non-member (not permanently residing in The Champions’ Club), but invited and accompanied to the Clubhouse area by a member. Adults and children are counted together. By definition, then, a private member function with ten members and one or more guests would fall under part 3, requiring a licensed provider.
D. Policy Violations
A uniform set of consequences are in place for any rules violations:
- 1st violation = written warning
- 2nd violation = a 30-day suspension of membership privileges
- 3rd violation = a 6-month suspension of membership privileges
A member may appeal any suspension of privileges in writing to the Member Advisory Council. After one year without further violations, the violations will be removed from his/her file.